Monday, November 28, 2016

Kicking Off the Ketogenic Diet


I'm starting the ketogenic diet today, 11/28/2016.

I will do this diet for the next 3 months, till the end of February 2017.

I'm allowed:
  • A one week break at Christmas (Dec 22nd - Dec 28th), with some caveats
    • No candy
    • Only homemade desserts (none from store)
  • 2 cheat days per month, which are optional
    • No cheat days in December other than the one-week mentioned above
I wrote more about the ketogenic diet here, as well as another approach to nutrition called intermittent fasting, which somewhat explains why I want to try it out.

Exactly what I eat every day will be a work in progress, but my initial shopping list was strongly influenced by this blog post from Peter Attia.  

My primary goal is not weight loss, but I do expect to lose weight.  
My starting weight on 11/28/2016 is 193 pounds.  

I will return and report at a later date.  

And here's a random picture of me with two nephews and a niece, sharing some of our thoughts about life in general...


No comments:

Post a Comment