Friday, October 9, 2020

A New Guitar Website I started Recently

Earlier this year, I started a new website about guitars and music.  

For now, it's mainly focused on reviewing products (like guitars and accessories), and providing some tutorials and instructions for beginner guitarists.

The idea is to help beginners learn the basics, and also help people find the right guitars or related equipment for their specific circumstances.

Later on, I plan to also include some information about songwriting, but that will probably be next year or beyond.

First I'll focus on guitars, and then get into some other instruments (like ukuleles, keyboards, and possibly drums).

So far, several of the articles have been reviews that go over the the best guitar for specific people (like kids), or specific genres of music (like the blues).  Sometimes they focus on brands, like the best Yamaha acoustic guitars.

One was about a silly topic, whether Stairway to Heaven is banned in guitar stores.  

One was more instructional, on how to wear a guitar strap.

Those are just a couple of examples, to give you an idea.  I'm sure we'll do a lot more similar topics in the near future.

Soon I'll also be posting a list of easy guitar songs for beginners, so stay tuned for that.

One of the reasons I decided to create this website was because of my own musical background.  

I've enjoyed playing the guitar for many years, and have written several songs. 

I recorded one album during my last year of college, and played around with some songwriting thereafter, but never officially recorded anything else (at least not with good quality recordings).

It's kind of fun to learn about the equipment as I'm writing reviews.  I think it will also be fun to write about songwriting as well, among other topics.

I hired another writer to help me.  She's a longtime guitarist as well, and she'll be writing some of the review articles on guitars, accessories, etc.  (She also wrote the article about Stairway to Heaven.)

Her name is Shanna, and she's from South Africa.

Anyway, feel free to check out the site.  I hope you find something useful there. :-)

And with that's here's a little blast from the past:






No comments:

Post a Comment